Educator. Economist. Innovator.
On March 3rd, 2020 I won the Democratic primary with over 400,000 votes to become the party’s nominee for North Carolina Treasurer. Now, this November 3rd, I will compete in the general election to determine whether I will serve as North Carolina’s next Treasurer. I am honored, humbled, and excited to have this opportunity.
I want to be your next Treasurer to improve the lives of all North Carolinians. The State Treasurer protects North Carolina’s pension investments, manages the state employee health plan, and approves municipal and state bonds. My background as a business strategy professor at Duke University, adviser to some of the world’s leading organizations, and White House economic adviser to President Obama has prepared me to do this job.
We need a treasurer who can get down to
business, analyze data, and deliver results.
I believe North Carolina’s next Treasurer should be a leader on the issues that matter most. We can invest responsibly in companies that expand employment opportunities across our state. We can lead the fight to protect our environment and increase equity. We can expand access to financial services for all North Carolinians. We can make our healthcare system a model for the nation. The Treasurer can do so much for our state and I am ready to get to work.
North Carolina needs a principled and experienced Treasurer with the skills to manage our state's finances and health care system. I hope you’ll join me on this journey as I work to protect our financial future and ensure all North Carolinians get the opportunities they deserve.
I believe that together, we can chart a course
for a brighter future for North Carolina.
7 FACTS About RONNIE
1. Ronnie and his family are proud residents of Durham.
2. Ronnie is an economist and professor of business and public policy at Duke University.
3. Ronnie advised President Obama as a senior economist in the White House Council of Economic Advisers and worked on both of his presidential campaigns.
4. Ronnie is a member of Governor Cooper’s Entrepreneurial Council and the NC First Commission.
5. Ronnie is the son of two public school educators and is passionate about teaching and learning. He taught an entrepreneurship class in Durham Public Schools and served on the board of Durham’s Communities in Schools.
6. Ronnie's most recent book, “Can Business Save the Earth?” explains how business leaders, investors, and policymakers can collaborate to build a more sustainable world.
7. Ronnie understands health care. He teaches business leaders and physicians how to bring new medical technologies to market.
Here's the latest from the campaign trail: